Oh happy days!!

I am now so proud of myself.  I have RedHat 7.0 up and running. It is
talking to my cable router and I can surf. I have installed VMWare and
have  Windoze 98SE and Windoze 2000 Pro virtual machines working (for
what reason I know not, to amuze myself I suppose). What's next? Maybe
some actual learning will take place!

Fear me for I am root! (Massive chest pounding).

Nate does not like my KDE desktop, is this a surprise to anyone who
knows him? He has said that he will be installing Linux (he keeps
threatening the Debian flavour) and VMWare as well over his Christmas
break. I think I shall make him purchase his own license for VM.

What my seem like the rantings of newbie lunatic is actually just self
satisfaction. I have had tremendous problems getting this beast to talk
to the router. For all who were at the MVLUG or SILUG West meeting last
night, I listened to the discussion about linuxconf and it's problems (
yes I actually was awake) and got up this morning and typed "netconf" as
ROOT. It's feeling much better now. I guess users groups really do help!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Steve
sreindl@home.com