Note about Peter

For those of you who don't know Peter, I thought you might be interested
in this blurb from a summary story about ALS found here:

	http://linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-10/lw-10-vcontrol_4.html

I also had the good fortune to share the long cab ride to the airport with
Dr. Peter Salus. Salus is many things, including chief knowledge officer
of Matrix.Net, the company that produces those cool maps of the
Internet. I've always been fascinated with his personal knowledge of the
history of computing. If ALS were a gathering of tribes, Salus would be
best described as the shaman in charge of our oral history. His tales of
the beginnings of Unix, and the open source methodology that surrounded
it, are fascinating. It was those chance meetings with Hall, Salus,
Wettstein, and the young man from Singapore that I will most remember
about my first ALS.

Author, RHCE Exam Cram
Linux Evangelist                        kara@linuxgruven.com
Asst Dir for Program Development        kara@lpi.org