NLUG installfest at Phreaknic, Nov 4 2000

Hello and greetings!

The Nashville Linux User Group will have an installfest at the se2600
Phreaknic convention on Saturday, Nov 4, 2000.  I'd like to extend an
invite to "yall" to come on down (or up) to Nashville for not only the
installfest, but Phreaknic 4 as well.

Our tentative plans are to have things ready to roll around 10am on
Saturday and provide installation support throughout most of the day and
probably into the early evening if necessary.

NLUG will have their own room during the entire con to do with as we see
fit.  Our plan is to use it around the clock for anything and everything
linux.  Aside from the installfest, we will probably mess with streaming
media, Mosix clustering, maybe Beowulf and other things that can only be
described as "pure geek".

For those looking for a challenge, the Con features root wars... by which
people attempt to gain access to other peoples systems on the Con network
(outside "cracking" is strongly *NOT* suggested).  Ideally this is a great
time to brush up on skills, learn new techniques, and as some one put it,
"Learn Art of Hack".  Think that linux system is really locked down?

There is also the coding contest which usually has a reward of some
beverage of alcholic nature.  Usually it is the least sober people that
win the award.  Last years award went to a fellow with a 2-3 line perl
script that made Windows systems blue screen... and not it was not a ping
of death type script.  Anything goes for the contest, ideally they are
born, bread an flushed out at the con.

Anyway, hope to see some of you there, and drop me a line if you have any
questions.  I know several people from several of these lists are making
plans... by all means if you're not sure I'd hope this convinces you to
come.

www.phreaknic.org

Updated as necessary and is the authoritative source on the con.  It has
all the info one could possibly need.  This is version 4 of the annual
con, bigger and hopefully better than ever.  Hotel info is available via
the site.

www.nlug.org

For more info on NLUG.

Cheers!