Re: O'Reilly Releases "Building Linux Clusters" (fwd)

It is good news for me since nlug is slowly working on one.  It is going
to be a sad cluster... 486's but it will be fun none the less.  Because a
dept at work will probably end up pitching them, we are going to network
with token ring.  Sure, 10baseT is preferred, but we figured the uglier
the better... it is already ugly enough.  Not sure what in the heck we're
going to do with the thing, but I might have an app that would be
interesting to see how well it stacks against a dual alpha 667... we are
looking to start out with 8 486's to get us going.

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Casey Boone wrote:

> ive been wanting to build a cluster for a little while now .... but even for
> a low cost supercomputer i cant afford it :(
>
> i cant wait for smp athlon chipsets ... i bet a cluster of dual duron
> machines would be cheap and mean

Sean...

Everything you know is wrong,
Just forget the words and sing along.    --Weird Al