Talking Points for Linux

I am working on 'Talking Points' for Linux, and wanted to see what y'all

thought.

(Talking Points is like a top ten list, so it is easy to remember and
rolls off your tongue when someone asks about the subject.)

Here are my 'requirements'

My audience is someone who has heard about Linux, and wants to hear
more. This person is _not_  a programmer, but does understand some
(unfortunately there is no def. of 'some') of the Info Systems issues.
(FYI-- this is my lame definition of management :)

There can be only 10 talking points (if there were 151 (pokemon) only
8-12 year olds can remember anyway) actually one could argue that
someone may not remember more than 1 or 2 points)
The idea is to have the capacity for 10, so as to focus on 1 or 2 that
the person is interested in.

At this point I have not sequenced the points in the order of importance

(although I will).

1. The Linux community fixes bugs faster than Microsoft.
2. Linux needs less hardware
3. Costs less
4. Extensive free documentation
5. Linux has a windows-like environment / more windows manager choices
6. Don't have to reboot every time software is installed.
7. No registry - less chance for virus/ corruption
8. Viruses extremely difficult to write for Linux
9. When system stays updated with latest security patches, it is more
secure than MS
10. Linux certification is available

After we get through a couple of iterations lets post them somewhere
(this is by no means __MY__ stuff ..... anyone can use this).

Tony

--
Tony Zafiropoulos
CTiTEK, Inc.