Odd message

Some years ago I set up a RedHat 5.1 Linux box and hadn't played much with it
until lately as I want to get IPMasquerading working on it (done) and diald
(work in progress).  The problem is that every few minutes I get a message in
/var/log/messages saying that lp1 is out of paper.  I had installed samba on
the machine and a printer as lp1 on another computer in the house.

Recently, I used printtool to remove the printer (lp1) and erased the
/var/spool/lpd/lp1 directory.  Still I get the messages saying that lp1 is out
of paper.  Suggestions?

Thanks
Alan