Send email using SMTP from the command line...

I have a program that is designed to send an email message using SMTP.

On Unix it does a system call to "mail" with the appropriate parameters.

On Windows I am using a program called "blat" that works the same way
(that is -- my program does a system call to "blat" with the appropriate
parameters.
These programs then send the message from the current/local machine to
the default SMTP Server out on the network.

Now I need to see if it is possible to call the popular email programs
out there like Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange,
Netscape Messenger, etc. and do the same thing.  An example would be to
just give Microsoft Outlook (which would be running on the local
machine)  the correct parameters and let Outlook pass everything to the
SMTP Server.

So basically, do you know if there is a way to call these popular email
programs on a Windows95/98/NT machine using the "system" call and pass
the appropriate parameters?

This works:
system(blat mailMessage.txt -s "My Subject Title" -t
"name1@company.com")

So is there a way to use the system command to call the other programs
too like:
system(outlook mailmessage.txt -s "My Subject Title" -t
"name1@company.com")

Also, do you have any idea where I could find information/documentation
on this kind of thing too?  (I've been having a really hard time finding
it.) Thanks,

Ryan