Re: mysql and DBI

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, KoReE wrote:
> noc /usr/src/webtts-3.0/install-scripts # ./tts-install.pl
> DBI->connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server (2) at
> ./tts-install.pl line 54
> Can't call method "prepare" without a package or object reference at
> ./tts-install.pl line 61.
>
> This basically is an authentication error from what I've read.  But, I can
> use the mysql client utility to connect and browse the database.

Hmm, is the client forcing you to log in?  If it is an authentication
failure, is it possible you are failing to send the user and pass for the
database?  I know the stuff I do in php requires me to log into the
database before the script can run.  This is done automatically... the
script connects to the database, sends that info, and then goes from
there.

Sean...

Everything you know is wrong,
Just forget the words and sing along.    --Weird Al