Southeast Missouri User Group?

Hello Linuxers,

I live near Cape Girardeau, Missouri and while I'd like to join SILUG,
the drive to Southern Illinois from where I live is a little too much.
I'm wondering if it would be practical to form a new user group for
Southeast Missouri, probably based in Cape.  How many people on this
list live on the west side of the Mississippi?  Would be there be enough
warm bodies to form a "SEMOLUG"?

I realize SE Missouri isn't exactly a hotbed of technological innovation
("We're At the Cutting Edge of Yesterday's Technology").  One look at
the WinNT/IIS error message at http://www.semolinks.com -- which has
been like that for at least 6 months -- is enough to tell you that.  So
then just how much is Linux (or any non-Microsoft platform, for that
matter) used in this part of the country?

Heck, any kind of computer user group would be a nice addition to Cape
Girardeau if one could be formed.

Any thoughts?

---

James S. Baughn
Editor, The Cape Rock (Cape Girardeau News & Humor):
http://thecaperock.com/
Webmaster, Humorix (Linux Humor):
http://i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/