Re: Berkley utils source needed

Robert Threet said:
> I am trying to find 'bc' and some of the other Berkley
> utils source code so I can compile them on my Cobalt
> Qube.  I've found most of the other stuff but not the
> Berkley.  Does anyone have any hints to point me in the
> right direction?

Doesn't the Qube have rpm?  If so, just get a recent Red Hat source
rpm and "rpm --rebuild" it.

Otherwise, if you want GNU stuff (and you probably do), try
ftp.gnu.org.  Specifically, for bc get

    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bc/bc-1.05a.tar.gz

(which is the latest right now).

If you *really* want "real" BSD stuff, try ftp.cs.berkeley.edu, or
just do it the easy way and go to either the FreeBSD or OpenBSD
web-accessible CVS trees (somewhere on www.freebsd.org and
www.openbsd.org, respectively) and download what you need.

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month