Pine & email

Thanks for the help getting my email on my Linux box, one more step in
making this my real machine.
I used Fetchmail as Kara suggested, and figured it out quite quickly.
I have a couple of more questions about email- Where does pine get it's
information on mail servers (for sending mail)?  I assume that it uses
sendmail as it's transport, does this then read from my fetchmail.rc, or
have I actually set up my mail server address somewhere and forgotten it?

Why I ask is that I initially set up pine & fetchmail under one user
(mattw), then changed to another user (mwehland) when I figured out how to
retreive mail from seperate accounts/servers (currently retreiving mail
from 2 servers, 3 accounts, very cool, Netc*ap communicator eat your heart
out).  I just assumed that pine/sendmail was getting the server address
from my pine configuration, but I found out that I never actually
configured pine under mwehland (the account I use on my machine now).
But sending mail works.  How?

Also can I easily configure my system to send mail from seperate accounts
(without having seperate accounts on my machine?)

Thanks

Matt Wehland