[Fwd: [Boston.pm] image display with CGI.pm]

I'm not having much luck so far so I though I'd cross post this.  Surely
someone has seen this (error?).

-- BEGIN included message

Ronald J Kimball wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 12:07:04PM -0500, Robert Threet wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out how to use CGI.pm.  It works fine with
> > everything I do except images.  I can't seem to get my scripts to use
> > graphics.  I've tried this line and many variations.  I guess it could
> > be the Netscape Fastrack Server  configuration (I couldn't find anything
> > relavent to change).  I am running Unixware 7.1.  What am I doing wrong
> > (be kind!)?
> >
> >         print $co->img {src=>'../images/cstonelogo.jpg'};
>
> Does it work if you use an absolute URL rather than a relative URL?
>
> Ronald

No.  This works from the browser (
http://deimos2.cstonesystems.com/gif/cstonelogo.jpg) but not when I place it
in the script.  Also, it blows up if I use braces, like this:

print $co->img{src=>'http://deimos2.cstonesystems.com/gif/cstonelogo.jpg'};

If I replace the braces with parentheses it loads the page but not the
graphic.  I've also discovered that it won't use the images directory only
the docs/gif which makes me wonder if it's a server config problem.  The HTML
in the doc directory has no problem loading the images.  I changed the owner
and group to nobody and set files to 755.

-- END included message