Re: Slow linux server

Alan:

I'm a lurker on the SILUG mailing list; I was a member of the EASUG
group that Steve started in Evansville.  I've had the same problem when
the client machines weren't set up in reverse DNS or the hosts file.
Just to experiment, try adding one of the workstations to your hosts
file and then telnet in from that client.

--Walker