Re: what do you do if...

Do you have a shell that is still accessing /mnt/floppy or whatever
filesystem you mounted? If so, you need to cd out of it. Then you should
be able to umount the device..

If there is a process that is accessing it.. say.. applix or something,
you'll need to kill the process.

Good luck :)

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, R.Threet wrote:

> ...You've removed a floppy that was mounted and now it won't let you
> unmount it (even if you put the disk back in).  And, no, I'm not "in"
> the mount point directory even though it says "device /floppy is busy".
>
> I usually reboot but I figured you guys might know a better way.
>

> --
> Robert Threet			Let others praise ancient times;
> Chief Technology Officer	I am glad I was born in these.
> Cornerstone Systems, Inc.	-- Ovid (43 B.C. - A.D. 18)
> (812) 423-7676 x3003
>
> --

- Kara

Kara Pritchard                        	Phone: 217-698-1694
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Linux Users of Central Illinois		kara@luci.org
LUG Project Manager - Linux.com		kara@linux.com