Re: Next Meeting Sept. 20 (Yes we are having one!)

how about i bring a debian box that i am trying to turn into a ppp server?

this is a box that Mark set up shortly before he left for Florida.  it
worked right after install but is now being rather recalcitrant.  if anyone
is interested, i can send you the root password and you can look at it
anytime.  it's currently at 131.230.35.4 and has a modem connected at
453-5725.

At 10:49 AM -0500 9/15/1999, Richard H. Fifarek wrote:
>Next meeting will be next Monday, Sept 20, at 7:00 pm at LS III, 1059.
>I will send out a more official announcement to the announce list later
>today.
>
>I think the topic should be: no topic at all.  What would likely be more
>beneficial is to have a "fix it" session.  Bring your computers large and
>small, plug them in, and we'll try to fix any nagging problems.  Want to
>install Linux for the first time, bring it in!  Come one, come all.  Have
>a large file that you can't seem to get before the ISP boots you off?  We
>can probably accomadate you there as well.

   Providing Computer Support at SIUC since 1986

   Matthew MacCrimmon <macc@siu.edu>
   CMCMA Tech Support
   Communications Bld., Room 13h, Mailcode 6606
   Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
   Carbondale, IL 62901-6606
   618.453.3201 voice, 618.453.7714 fax

Year 2000

While some non-Mac computer applications and operating systems cannot
correctly process dates after Dec. 31, 1999, the Mac OS and most Mac
applications will handle the year 2000 (and the next 27,940 years), no
problem.  In fact, the Mac has been able to properly handle dates past 1999
since the introduction of the Macintosh computer in 1984.

Moreover, Macintosh users can party like it's 1999 until at least 29,940
because Mac OS correctly handles dates from 30,081 B.C. to 29,940 A.D.  In
addition, Mac OS also handles leap years correctly.

To find out how to test your system for Year 2000 compatibity, leap year
compatibity and more, see <http://www.apple.com/about/year2000/>.