voice mail

I've been trying to get a voicemail/autoattendent working at my house...
i've got a USR voice capable modem... I've got vgetty running on the port,
I was able to make it beep and then record a message (it doesn't seem to
know how to hang up on its own though. pressing # worked though)

I downloaded a copy of mvm... I've got it to the point where I can call, it
answers plays prompts, responds correctly to a few of the questions,

It is written completely as a shell script though.... a very complicated
one I might add...  many of the features don't seem to work/make sense for
me.  Has anyone heard of another possibility out there....  I have the
software that came with it (windoze) that worked.. mmm.. okay...  I'd hate
to have to use it

if anybody has any pointers even for documentation on mvm would help...
I'm hoping to make it function as the voicemail port for my phone system at
my house... hopefully auto-attendent as well (I'd like to figure out how to
be able to have it transfer to an extension, etc...)

the phone system sends DTMF tones if I want.... like #6extensionnumber if
an extension has set to forward for no answer to the voicemail extension

i'm talking in gibberish, better get some sleep

thanks in advance

Matthew

Matthew Phelps Walker
mwalker@silug.org