Re: 3dfx and X

KoReE said:
> Okay, I'm helping a friend install Redhat on his system.  He's got a
> Voodoo Banshee video card, and X HATES it.  I know it doesn't have a
> driver, but I'd think it'd be able to run in VGA16 or SVGA unaccelerated.
> Any ideas or alternate X servers that anyone knows about.  Thanks!

Are you sure there's no driver for it?  I could have swore I saw
Daryll Strauss mention some support for it on 3dfx.glide.linux.  I
know the Rush is supported, including for 3D in a window.

In any case, I think I read (on Slashdot?) that 3Dfx is going to be
supporting Linux directly sometime soon, so maybe he'll be able to use
the card before it is out of date.  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month