Re: mailrc question

> 	I am attempting to use mail and Emacs to send e-mail, with only
> limited sucess.  I can't e-mail myself but I can e-mail my hotmail
> account, albeit ; the Friom line says "root". (ugh).  I ASSUME that
> my .mailrc file is the problem, but I can't find any information on it.
> Elm, Pine, TkMail, all work fine and I don't really need mail or
> Emacs, but I figure it would be a semi-painless way to learn a little
> about  Emacs.  Any tips, pointers, or advice.

Which mailreader are you using? There are several for emacs. I've used
Gnus, and there are also RMAIL and VM. Configuration is done in
~/.emacs.el; .mailrc is something completely different. I would suggest
looking for a website about whatever mailreader you're using.
http://www.gnus.org/ is for Gnus, and even if you're using RMAIL or VM I
would suggest Gnus. It's relatively easy and has many more features than
RMAIL.

Chris

--
Chris Tessone                                            tessone@imsa.edu