Re: SCO getty

Robert  Threet said:
> My Wyse 60 terminal stopped respawing after a bad storm.  Does anyone
> know how to restart getty [without rebooting the system]?  It's SCO
> Openserver 5.02, BTW.

If there is still a getty running on that port, kill it.  (Do "ps -ef
| grep getty" and look for one running on that serial port.  Kill it
with "kill -9".)  If all else fails, do "telinit q".  That should
restart init without rebooting.

BTW, replace "-ef" with "aux" above to do the same on Linux.  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month