Re: beowulf

Dr. Michael Sullivan said:
[...]
> Guess what, it runs under Linux. I think the article
> could be a useful tool in convincing university
> administrators that they should be hiring Linux experts
> as system administrators. Pass it on to your Dean.

As it happens, a beowulf-ish cluster is one of the things we'll be
demonstrating at Saturday's InstallFest in Springfield.  The cluster
will be doing distributed 3D rendering while acting as a distributed
file server.  Others have used workstations (used for word processing
& such) for their clusters, essentially getting a supercomputer for
free.  Quite cool stuff.  Yet another reason why Everyone Should Run
Linux (tm).  ;-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month