Re: GIMP

I ordered RH 5 from lsl.com a couple days ago.  I ordered the official version
rather than the trilinux distribution.  I've gotten the compile of the GIMP to
work from source code up to a point.  *shrug*  It dies saying something about
unresolved symbols in the gtk.  Probably the wrong gtk ver for the GIMP ver
I'm compiling.  Blah.  Have you used GIMP extensively?  Would you say it
competes with Adobe Photoshop?

Koree

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Koree A. Smith said:
> > Has anyone actually been able to get the GIMP to compile right?  I can't get
> > gtk and GIMP to line up (yes, I made sure not to use the wrong gtk with the
> > wrong gimp version according to the docs and web page), and, I can't get the
> > stinkin' RPMs from RedHat 5.0 to install for it, either.  Any
> > suggestions/special hacks anyone has had to make?
>
> You aren't going to be able to get the RH 5 rpms to install, since
> they are glibc based and RH 4.2 was libc5 based.
>
> You might just want to go get a RH 5 CD...  I picked one up at Best
> Buy (!).  A bunch of other stores are carrying it...
>
> Steve
> --
> steve@silug.org           | Linux Users of Central Illinois
> (217)698-1694             | Watch this space for meeting day & time
> Steven Pritchard          | http://www.luci.org/ for more info
>
> --

Koree A. Smith
--