Re: S3 Virge support (was Re: Meeting?)

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> FWIW, the Virge support has been there for the better part of a year
> now...  I've been using the S3V server since like April of last year
> (since I got my Diamond Stealth 3D 2000).  The SVGA server also has
> support for the Virge (implemented by another group).  One or both
> will probably work fine.
>
> Steve

Well, the S3V server with redhat 4.2 didn't work for squat.  I went out and
grabbed the updates that Richard suggested, and it worked :D  I've ordered 5.0
anyway, though.  My card's the Diamond Stealth 3D 3000.  I dunno that that
should make a big difference, since it is on the list of supported cards.
*shrug*  It does all run in nice 24-bit color at up to 1280x1024 now, though
:D  Thanks to those that replied :D

Koree

Koree A. Smith
--