Re: can't mount cdrom

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Mike Sullivan wrote:

> My Red Hat Linux kernel was upgraded recently but now
> I cannot mount my cdrom. The command I used to use was
>
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom
>
> But now this gives the error message:
>
> mount: special device /dev/cdrom does not exist
>
> And indeed there is no "cdrom" in /dev

I am not very good a guessing your system, but your cdrom ?might? be hdb if
there is only ide hard drive and your cdrom is on the ide controller, it might
be hdc if it is the third thing on your ide controller, it might be scd0 if it
is the first cdrom on your scsi controller .......happy guessing

About all I can suggest is some reasonable guesses, for example
	mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom
 The above suggests that in fact the directory /mnt/cdrom does exist. If not,
you can make the directory easily enough: cd /mnt      mkdir cdrom

Have fun