Hello SI Linux Users Group,
EMAC, Inc. is looking for a Computer Software Engineer to add to our team. If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to HR@emacinc.com.
Founded in 1985, EMAC, Inc. has provided Off-The-Shelf and Custom turnkey OEM Embedded products utilizing the latest technologies. These technologies include Sensors, WiFi, Zigbee, Bluetooth LE, GPS, Cell Modems, Audio & Video streaming /capture, FPGA, RFID and more. We offer a flexible schedule and competitive benefits package. The salary range for this on-site position is $47,000 - $100,000 and is dependent on skills and experience.
This Computer Software Engineer will need to analyze custom hardware requirements and then research, design, develop, test, and deploy software for the embedded system. The Engineer will apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Requires continuous learning due to the rapid advancements in computer technology.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and proficient in Embedded Linux/Kernel/Driver Development as well as Ubuntu, Python, µPython, Yocto, C, C++, and FreeRTOS a plus.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related area required. Relevant experience may substitute for partial education requirement.
• 2 years or more of relevant work experience preferred.
• Requires a professional work ethic that includes communicating verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, programmable hardware, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Good verbal and writing skills and the ability to interact and work well with others.
• Computer skills needed (Word, Excel, Internet, etc.)
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Working over 40 hours may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
Feel free to share this opening with others who may be interested.
(618) 529-4525 Ext. 240
ISO 9001:2015 Certified
2390 EMAC Way, Carbondale, IL 62902
This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone.