Re: CentOS 8 Cockpit

On Fri, 2021-02-12 at 13:18 +0000, Andrew Bauer wrote:
Anyone who has SSH'ed into a CentOS 8 machine has likely seen this banner:
Activate the web console with: systemctl enable --now cockpit.socket

I got around to checking out what this was, and I must say I'm impressed. Going to start using this for my headless servers.

Cockpit is a very slick piece of work.

45drives.com has forked Cockpit for their Storinator servers to add hardware support for the six motherboards commonly used and their host adapters. With "Houston" you can set up ZFS vdevs of all counts and configurations, as well as NFS and Samba services.

http://www.45drives.com/blog/uncategorized/houston-command-center-the-simplest-way-to-manage-and-maintain-your-storage-solution/

Unfortunately, the CentOS 8 announcement forced them to withdraw support for that version. To use Houston I will have to go back to CentOS 7. That's going to be a PITB.

--Doc