FOLLOW-UP TO: MATE v1.20 desktop on CentOS 8

You have to admire the folks who really do know how replace software
packages that Red Hat / CentOS teams chose to jettison from the latest
RHEL8/CentOS8 releases. Case in point has been the MATE desktop
alternative to GNOME v3.

A couple of weeks ago Ljubomir Ljubojevic published the first working
hack that brought an older MATE desktop from F28 to C8. It wasn't
elegant, but it got the job done.

As we were hand jamming F28 packages to resurrect MATE v1.20 on C8, a
far better scheme was being perfected in EPEL -- MATE's natural
habitat.

Bookmark this URL:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/stenstorp/MATE/

In no time at all you'll have the latest MATE v1.22 desktop running on
C8. And it appears to be structured in such a way to be maintainable as
packages are updated.

Also, since we no longer have access to yumex (abandoned upstream) or
its buggy successor dnfdragorra, the new repos have a neat CLI option
for dnf that exposes package groups you just knew had to be there.

# dnf group list --hidden

Voila!

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL