[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fedberry - A Fedora spin for the Raspi 2/3
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Fedberry - A Fedora spin for the Raspi 2/3
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 22:38:17 -0500 (CDT)
- Importance: Normal
- In-Reply-To: <MWHPR01MB2720FB5E16FCC147C124DC04C6A80@MWHPR01MB2720.prod.exchangelab s.com>
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- References: <MWHPR01MB2720FB5E16FCC147C124DC04C6A80@MWHPR01MB2720.prod.exchangelabs.com>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.2-1
> I just ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 with the intent of setting it up as a
> ZoneMinder micro camera server.
> If you are like me, you might prefer to run a Redhat based distro on your
> The following site represents a Fedora spin intended specifically
> Raspberry Pi 2's and 3's:
> As Fedora does not (yet) support the Raspberry Pi 2/3 Model B (RPi2/3),
> FedBerry was created so people could easily install and use Fedora on the
> Oh, and when is our next meeting?
Surprise! As of the v25 Beta, Fedora's armhfp builds support the Pi3
directly. If you mount a 8G or larger MicroSD in a USB adapter, you can
create a bootable disk with:
# xzcat Fedora-Workstation-armhfp-25-20161026.n.0-sda.raw.xz | dd of=/dev/sdc
(Note: The date embedded in the image name changes almost every night.
Today it was still 20161026. Tomorrow it may be 20161029.)
After doing this I slipped that MicroSD into my Pi3 at the last Saturday
meeting, then lo & behold it booted to Fedora 25's GNOME3 desktop
If GNOME3 isn't for you, there are other desktop versions in ./25/Spins/.
Fairview Heights, IL
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.