[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
easy way to change DNS on 90 servers
- To: Southern Illinois LUG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: easy way to change DNS on 90 servers
- From: Robert Threet <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 16:20:34 +0000 (UTC)
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=1464970835; bh=ouQQHI7lM5DWObEarI0Hq0BsbJC/qsavFGJ0dwJVCc0=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=ThAmsLmxaLNxU5BsRsYpUdGOu8q1e2PaZr7FPcUMhRz9PAClcwx5mq+NlL9CajmV4ceULiOHc24qa/MRPY9QqKTOWlNF7dPHUlERa2vZtvTqaUY3nPlgsEC6A751qFasPgYVSyf4316kGL1/I8YoNH3LxxKK1bk2o4Ph1i0VGfwRlKlPKmr2cx1qaeuCe7NgPHWuslpaokLZ4oLqtci7LR5NGgsvyNUvQ9TK8BCCTmggIXupsFXctYV3marKQru32q627xBzgOzzkYjRu8esAYEZiN9DCozCFmhnCLxWKZtdgQzo9Bh09P514985C8oCd4G24HQy2W+WOtvIA2v4Dw==
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- References: <1286966659.762378.1464970834792.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Robert Threet <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I was thinking just swapping the /etc/resolv.conf. It says not to do that in the header. They are a mix of RHEL 6/7, Centos 5/6/7 and Oracle Linux 6/7.
I was thinking some have DNS1=xx.xx.xx.xxx in the ifcfg-eth0 BUT not all call it eth0 - some are em1, I'm thinking even others might be something else slightly different.
So then I thought search for DNS in ifcfg-* and if you find DNS1 sset to to this, if DNS2, set it to that...
Kind of complicated. I have about 50 set up with Ansible.
Does anyone have a playbook setup for this already or can point me to a good resource?