Today's meeting moved! (and Happy 20th Anniversary!)

In case you missed this yesterday, the meeting today will be an informal
one up in Edwardsville at Unkle Munkey's.  Details below.

----- Forwarded message from Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> -----

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:13:45 -0500
From: Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org>
To: silug-announce@silug.org
Subject: SILUG: Happy 20th Anniversary!

Today marks the 20th anniversary of the first meeting of the Southern
Illinois Linux Users Group.  When I announced the first meeting (full
story at http://www.silug.org/about/ if you're interested), I had no
idea who would show up or what we would do at meetings.  I just knew
that I thought Linux was cool, I enjoyed figuring it out, and I wanted
to compare notes with other people who were interested.  For 20 years,
that's what we've done, and it has been a lot of fun.

I want to thank everyone who has made the group a success for all these
years.  First, let me thank Ray and Jason for hosting that first
meeting, and Rich N., Chad, and Steve B. for showing up.  Without you
guys, there wouldn't have a been a group.  :-)  Thanks to Allan,
Matthew, Mark, Rich F., Harry, Gi, and everyone else who helped keep
things going in Carbondale for many years.  Thanks also to Bonnie, Doc,
and all of you who have become family here in Fairview
Heights/O'Fallon/Shiloh.  And a special thanks to those of you who have
traveled a long way to follow the group to wherever we're having
meetings (Alan, Robert, etc.).

Of course, I have to give a ton of credit to Kara, who has been
supporting me and the group for all but the first year (!) of its
existence.  Emma has been a big help too (or at least decent comedy
relief) off and on.  ;-)

To celebrate the occasion, I'd like you all to join me for a little
nostalgia at Unkle Munkey's Coin Club (a cool new bar and arcade with
vintage games and pinball machines) in Edwardsville in lieu of our
regularly scheduled meeting tomorrow at 4PM.

Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/UBq3Q
More information: http://www.unklemunkeys.com/

Hopefully I'll see you there.  :-)

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.