Re: Good book on Linux admin.

Doc:

I would love to attend the meetings but I live in Portland, Oregon now. I don't like it here and will move back east someday.
I'll read the Mint manual. Maybe O'Reilly has some good Linux admin books?

On Mar 6, 2014 5:34 AM, "Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 10:31 -0800, Jon Drews wrote:
> Folks:
>
> Can anyone recommend a good Linux sys admin book? I am thinking of
> something comparable to The UNIX System Administration book by Evi
> Nemeth. I used OpenBSD for many years but I am now using Linux Mint
> 16, on an Acer Aspire V5.
>
> I need to know how to get and run dump and restore (backups), learn
> bash (used pdksh) and how to format drives.

Jon,

If you live in the StLouis Metro East area, come join us at the next
"Third Saturday" meeting on March 15 from 4pm-6pm at The Computer Room
next door to Ashley Furniture in Greenmount Crossing (Shiloh/O'Fallon).
We can show you first hand how those and some other basic utilities
work.

--Doc Savage