Re: How to re-enable ssh logins

On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 07:27 -0500, Charter Mail wrote:
> Does the user account on the other side exist still , and is it in a good state ??? (I.e ... Can the even login locally ??)
>
>   It might not be a problem so much with SSH itself, but rather the account on the remote 'pod' host . Many times admins will 'lock' an account in addition to dis-allowing SSH logins
>
> -rkh-

There's nothing wrong with the target account (doc) on the pod. I'm
logged onto the local console as doc right now, and can use ssh/scp to
connect back to the originating machine (lion).

I'm beginning to think Protocase has come up with a very subtle and
little known way to lock down ssh. I'd sure like to know what they've
done.

--Doc