From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org [mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org]
On Behalf Of Bill Weiler
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:33 PM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: New Computer

I just bought a new HP Pavillion M6 laptop.  Tried to load Ubuntu
12.04.1 and Mint 13 and Fedora 17.  On all of them I can run the install,
but when it tries to boot, the display shows "Loading Linux"
and then goes black.  I"ve waited as the CD ran and then stopped loading,
but no joy.  It appears that the Intel 4000 graphics chgip is incompatible.
Any suggestions?

Bill

-
To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@silug.org with "unsubscribe