Re: When updating something went bad

I recommend the following guide:

http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-Partitioning-EN-Repairing-a-damaged-Grub

wayne

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Craig E. Ziegel <mwtransport@wisperhome.com> wrote:
I use Fedora 16 x86-64. when updating a few weeks ago. I continued to
use the computer and a ton of windows opened at the same time and the
system crashed. Now when I turn the system on the screen states

GNU GRUB version 1.99
Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB
lists Possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible
device or file completions.

grub>

Is there anyway to bring this thing back to life? There is information
I need in regards to family court matters as well as professional
records I really don't want to loose.

Please help

Thank you

--