Re: Advice on used IBM Thinkpads

On Sat, 2011-10-22 at 17:57 -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 12:18:27PM -0700, Jon Drews wrote:
> > I would like to get a second Laptop and was thinking of buying a used
> > IBM T-42 or T-60. I understand that the recent Lenovo Thinkpads are
> > not as well made as their predecessors.
>
> I don't know what would give you that idea.  The X300 that I've had for
> the last 3 years is one of the best laptops I've ever had my hands on...
>
> Although I do have high hopes for some of the new Ultrabooks...

I agree with Steve. My W700 is my second ThinkPad. As a group they are
built like tanks. If my P-III/M powered A22p is any indication, they
will physically outlast contemporary operating systems. They have been
so well engineered that, even when component manufacturers like nVidia
make parts prone to failure, Thinkpads have been the exception in all
the recalls.

--Doc