MacBook Pro audio issue Ubuntu 11.04

I had installed Fedora 14 on my MacBook Pro, however too many complications caused me to switch to Ubuntu which has one flaw I've noticed, the speakers are incredibly quiet even when I open ALSA and boost the audio past  100% it's still only comparable to about 50%-60% under OS X.  Does anyone know why this might be happening or a possible fix?  Also it's a MacBook Pro 6,2 the one before they updated with Thunderbolt and quad cores.

--
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

"Я - тот. Я - всемогущее. Я буду управлять по всем."