Re: Ideas for and old laptop

>From: Tim Hart <codermsu@gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Ideas for and old laptop

>recipes or other kitchen related crap.  Oh, and how to boot off usb with this
>older laptop. It might not even be possible, from what I can tell.  Can I load
>enough OS into ram to VNC from the hdd and then disable the hdd?

Might I suggest an SD to 44pin IDE converter?  $10 for that, $10 for an SD card
of about 4GB size, more than enough room to install and boot a VNC client.

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=sd+ide+44&_sacat=58058&_sop=1&LH_Price=..50%40c&_dmd=1&_odkw=sd+ide&_osacat=58058&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

And maybe a touchscreen kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMART-TOUCH-SCREEN-PANEL-KIT-15-Display-POS-System-/260760131853?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item3cb683d90d

Along with reworking the laptop case so that it's wall-mountable?

http://www.instructables.com/community/Digital-Picture-Frame-How-to-Building-Guide/

Have fun...!
William

--