using NFS server with RHEL 6

If you are planning on using NFS (server) with RHEL 6 or a derivative
(SL6 or CentOS 6 whenever it comes out), you may run into some
problems.  I tried this tonight in my new SL6 installation and it took
me about 3 hours of troubleshooting and googling to get it working.  I
tested it earlier today using CentOS 5.5 and it worked without a hitch
with minimal effort.  I was able to create a nfs share like this in my
/etc/exports:

/nfs    192.168.10.0/24(sync,ro)

Then i just had to restart nfs (sudo service nfs restart) and I was able
to mount it from a RHEL 5.3 server just by doing mount centos:/nfs
/temp.  Simple enough.  It's not that simple starting in RHEL6. First of
all, iptables blocks the ports needed for nfs clients to connect to the
nfs server, so you will either have to turn off iptables or figure out
how to add the necessary ports and then restart all the affected
services. Secondly, if you don't use the "insecure" parameter when you
create your share, you'll get an "operation not permitted" error when
you try to mount it.  An example would look like this:

/nfs 192.168.10.0/24(sync,ro,insecure) <-----notice the spacing....it
makes a difference

If anyone has an interest in setting this up, I wrote a detailed how-to
for this based on various sources I found online.

Kevin