Re: LibreOffice v. =?UTF-8?Q?OpenOffice=3F?=

After the acquisition of Sun by Oracle, some of the OpenOffice.org
developers decided it was best to fork OpenOffice due to concerns over
Oracle's business practices. I personally made the switch to Libre Office
right away and haven't looked back. The software at this point, functions
the same as OpenOffice did. I am not sure if Oracle had contributed any
significant amount of code that couldn't be forked or not. If so, I am sure
it's only code that they might've put into Star Office - the commercial
version of OpenOffice.

-Anderson

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:45:34 -0600, Wolfgang <wolfgangmob@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Has anyone here compared these two office suites and use them regularly?
> rarely need to use MS Office for school so anything simple that doesn't
> matter as to exact formatting gets done in openoffice currently.  Now I
> know
> Oracle bought Sun and now OpenOffice seems at risk of being discontinued
so
> I was thinking of escaping Oracle and going to LibreOffice for my
> tri-system
> network.  Any thoughts or inputs strictly about the software and not
Oracle