Re: audio editing

Audacity is the only tool you need.

Re-open the projects in Audacity, and go to File -> Export.  The default
option should be wav.  A wav file should play in Amarok and burn to audio
CD.  If you simply want to burn the music to CD, you should go this route.
 An MP3 will work fine, but you will lose some sound quality to
compression.

If you want to listen to the tracks on an mp3 player, or email to someone,
or keep on your machine forever, than go ahead and export to mp3.
Depending on your distro, this will either 'just work' or you will need to
follow the instructions Nathan sent you. MP3s will also play in Amarok and
burn to audio disc without any problems.  If you do go the MP3 route, may
I suggest that you select the "Options" button at the bottom of the Export
menu and up the bitrate to at least 256.

As an alternative, you could use OGG Vorbis, but be advised that most MP3
players do not support the OGG format...

-Jason