Video Capture Card

Does anyone know how to get a SAA7146 based video capture card to work
under linux.  I am trying to bring about 8 surveillance cameras into a
card that I don't know much about.  No markings on the card and lspci
gives

02:0c.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Device 434a:4343
        Memory at ff7ffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

02:0d.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Device 434a:4343
        Memory at ff7ff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

This was an existing system about 7-8 years old that the hard drive
went bad and we lost all the software and such to run the system.  I
was told I could have a few days to try to come up with a Linux (open
source) solution. I would like to eventually use Zoneminder (unless
someone has a better solution) to control the cameras and record the
video.  But right now I am stuck with hardware issues.

Anyway, if you have a recommendation for a card that you know works,
that would probably be best.  The cameras currently all come in on
cctv with bnc connectors -- to a bnc-to-vga connector into the board.

Bill