Re: Myth TV a couple questions

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:06:31PM -0500, Craig E Ziegel wrote:
> I have a hit a couple speed bumps and hoping someone can answer a few
> questions I have. It is F 12 with Myth TV I have 2 capture cards an ATI
> HDTV Wonder coming up in the gui using cx88 driver and firmware. I also
> have a Hauppage 1600 with encoder gui says cx18 driver and firmware. If
> I take the ATI card out of the box hauppage card shows up in the gui
> but when the ATI card is in the box all the hauppage info goes away.
> only the ATI card info. is there.

It may be that the cx88 driver loads first and thinks it can drive the
cx18 card.  If that's the case, you should be able to create a file
/etc/modprobe.d/local.conf with the following:

  install cx88 /sbin/modprobe cx18 ; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install cx88

After you reboot, if you run lsmod (as root), cx18 should show up lower
in the list than cx88.

> Can I have more than one capture card on the backend or do I need to
> have a backend for each capture card?

I think I have two cx88-based cards and a ivtv-based card in my MythTV
box...

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.