Re: FC10 to FC11 upgrade

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 09:20:05AM -0600, Steve Reindl wrote:
> The DVD upgrade to F12 went well, however GRUB was still messed up. I ended
> up having to let someone more knowledgeable than I fix it.

As it turns out, that ended up just being a boot from Fedora live CD (or
USB in this case), "mount /dev/sda1 /boot ; grub-install '(hd0)'"
process...  Not a major ordeal.

> Watching that process, I now believe that waiting for a few weeks would have
> been a good idea. I see problems

There were two major(-ish) problems.

1) Somehow there are F11 updates that are newer than F12's release
packages *or* updates.  I'm guessing that will get fixed fairly
quickly...

2) The NVIDIA binary drivers on rpmfusion.org are (well, were yesterday)
just gone for some reason.  I'm guessing it has something to do with
nvidia + nouveau going boom without a little work.

 http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia#head-205aab6f190d363e3915c0fa2e0681fc392aaeb6

It could also have something to do with the SELinux issue noted there
too...  I haven't bothered to Google for an answer.  The F11
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates package works fine (if you use akmod-nvidia).

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.