Re: FC10 to FC11 upgrade

Already fixed everything and now doing the upgrade to FC12 using preupgrade. We'll see how it goes.

But, I'm not sure that it was newer FC10 packages, as I burned to DVD's, 1 for FC10 burned from the official .iso and the same for FC11. I did no upgrades to FC10.

Presently at the m's during a 1.8GB download of upgrade packages. I'll update with success or failure when it occurs!

Steve

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:14:40PM -0600, Steve Reindl wrote:
> Wow is there alot of stuff broken here. Maybe I should have done a little
> research before sliding the DVD in and going for it.
>
> First, there appears to be a ton of FC10 stuff left over which breaks the
> dependencies.

Your problem is that a lot of packages in F10+updates have higher
version/release than F11 as it was released.

Your best bet would be to not bother trying to fix everything, and just
upgrade to F12 (just released yesterday).  It will have newer packages
than F10+updates.

I do have the images at the store, and I'd be happy to burn you a DVD if
that's your DVD-burning system.  :-)

steve@silug.org           | Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.
Steven Pritchard          | http://www.silug.org/