Re: Good Openswan tutorial?

Cool.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll check out openvpn.

Thanks!

Koree

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Casey Boone <caseyboone@gmail.com> wrote:
I would go the openvpn route. Tunnelblick is a nice wrapper for it on macosx and openvpn doesn't have the same internet access expectations that ipsec does (openvpn can be thought of as like vpn over ssh)

Sent from my CrackBerry

From: "Koree A. Smith" <koreesmith@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:24:48 -0500
To: <silug-discuss@silug.org>
Subject: Good Openswan tutorial?

Trying to set up a VPN at the house.  Having trouble finding a tutorial that is what I want to do.  I'm not even sure if what I want to do is feasible.

My router doesn't have a VPN server built in, so I want to use a server on the inside of the NAT to serve up the connection.  My plan was to use port forwarding to get to the server from the outside, and establish a tunnel that way.  In my head, this sounds possible, but in reading the tutorials I've found via my Google searches, I'm lost.  There's something I'm missing, I'm sure.  If someone could shove me in the right direction, that'd be awesome :D

The other challenge is that the laptop I'll be connecting to this VPN is a MacBook, but I'll figure that out.

I'm pretty tired, so I'm guessing I haven't supplied enough info.  Just looking for a "friendly manual" to read.

The VPN box is running CentOS 5 with Openswan.  It is not the device routing my cable modem connection.

Thanks,

Koree

--
Koree A. Smith