wifi interference advice

It's been a while but I'm back.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Does anyone know a good place to find information on lower level wireless networking problems?  I live out in the boonies so I have whisper as my ISP (only option short of a T1, I am seriously considering a T) and my connection is at times aweful.  It will be going along just fine with 40ms pings and good bandwidth to 5000ms pings and 40% packet loss.  We've been through all the usual junk (them blaming my linux firewall, swapping wireless bridges, swapping antenna, running new antenna cable) and now you can tell they just don't want to deal with me any more because the answer has become "someone is creating interference which is breaking up your signal, there is nothing we can do about that".  The tower is a field away with no line of site issues and we get very good signal when we get signal.  If anyone can offer some friendly advice or point me to a technical forum that would be awesome.
  I've been browsing around www.wirelessforums.org but this isn't your run of the mill windows/linksys problem.

Bobkat