[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wi-fi signal issues
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Wi-fi signal issues
- From: Wolfgang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:50:59 -0600
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=mvYeZZK/PQroY45s8R9Bn1kqm5XU12qSV9sgA9iG6jk=; b=AdOdkPAKU+/1ybcQoEFo9wHAcFTfRz7E53fadYJ9KpxFXLT4IqZSIxUqBQ7gm7LL5E ZSjEt1PME4HTAi/mmvrmh2cL3XMt9XMaelgNwSucO+dT0CtK+WhQHw/U1tVAEo67X6av LZzUX7WdMkn7V53j2VV546vD9aNN3MlVh7/WQ=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=nyqzcTJjuyTF0/OBg8yVRqT9o+kyTkWZov7tKz6pdU+7qn/7dV72g7TKafyft92aNG +AWKIx6i5agE382r+dgKAtyRLP8fJVLW9iDM2lp7ISC6ge9s+qZSWNTIhbwj6hMfR7fR R9DT5GDjS/6mEIiDkYJ7PSJwnRflB996LVOHc=
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
My computer is using a PCI adapter to connect to my wi-fi network and it consistantly gets latency spikes which makes online gaming suffer, it does not lose the connection entirely, it just randomly pings high. I was wondering if an antenna upgrade would help fix my issues since my current one is only 2dBi and I would consider getting a 7 or 8 dBi. Something else of note it does this in both XP Pro x64 and Ubuntu 8.10 x86-64 so it's not due to the OS, and my laptop doesn't get the same issue in XP Home and Ubuntu 8.10 x86. I would like to know if an antenna would be a good fix before actually spending any money basically.
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."
"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."