Linux training, and a little OT

(My apologies to those of you subscribed to luci-discuss...  You'll find
this is a repeat of what I posted there last night.)

As most of you are aware, we moved the Computer Room to a new location a
little over a year ago.  One of our main goals with the move was to
finally have a proper training facility, both for LUG meetings and other
such events, as well as for our own classes.  Unfortunately, various
things have kept us from really getting our classes going the way we'd
like.

Right now we're *really* motivated to fix that problem.  Our current
plan is to schedule some short (1-2 day) classes to get things kicked
off, followed by some longer classes far enough out that people will be
able to properly budget and schedule them.  We have a rather long list
of ideas for the short classes, but we're really curious to know what
you guys might be interested in.  Like, interested enough to maybe pay a
little money, and possibly tell your friends/co-workers.  ;-)

Obviously Linux and open-source topics are ideal, but just about
anything computer-related could be fair game.  Please email
sales@computerroom.us with ideas, or if you want us to let you know what
classes we're scheduling.

As we work out details on our classes, we'll be posting them to our new
blog at

  http://www.computerroom.us/

There's more information about the store there as well.

On a more personal note, there's something else I could use your help
with...  As most of you know, Kara and I sell systems and parts, and do
consulting (and, theoretically, training).  Up until fairly recently,
business has been decent, but this current economic climate has made
things a little hard for us lately.  It wouldn't take much for us to
pull out of this completely, so, if I may ask politely, please consider
us if you need systems (desktop, servers, laptops, whatever) and that
sort of thing.  And, again, I'm available for consulting on Linux
migration, advanced networking, system administration, and even the
occasional bit of light programming, so please keep us in mind for that
as well...  Email sales@computerroom.us if there is anything we can help
with.

Finally, if any of you pay attention to the web site, you might notice I
cleaned up some old dead links yesterday and updated some old, stale
information.  I also dropped the second news box with the Freshmeat
feed.  Freshmeat is still a fine site, but the news feed was filled with
stuff nobody cares about, and it was just *long*.  In an attempt to
recoup a tiny bit of the ongoing costs of our Internet connectivity,
I've added Google AdSense ads in its place.  I hope this doesn't offend
anyone, and, in fact, I hope once the ads start being interesting, some
of you will click through them.  Eventually the pennies might add up.  :-)

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.