Re: RHEL 5.1->5.2 upgrade - part 3

Jason,

It took me a while to get back to this, but I think you are on to
something. I just tried disabling the software firewall on my RHEL5
system (something I RARELY do), and was able to successfully do an NFS
mount from my Fedora laptop.

For some reason the man pages on my Fedora laptop aren't functioning
correctly. 'man 5 nfs' on my RHEL5 system suggests adding "port=0" to
the mount command (or /etc/fstab):

port=n   The numeric value of the port to connect to the NFS server on.
         If the port number is 0 (the default) then query the remote
         host's portnapper for the port number to use. If the remote
         host's NFS daemon is not registered with its portmapper, the
         standard NFS port number 2049 is used instead.

I've tried several combinations of port= and additions to the RHEL5
firewall, but haven't found a combination that works. Is there an
updated NFS wiki somewhere that describes how to link up (new) Fedora
with (old) RHEL5.

--Doc