Re: Linux Boot CD

Forgive me if I'm pointing out the obvious, but have you tried knoppix?
(I'm only saying it because you didn't mention it in the email.)
-- kyle

On Sep 17, 2007, at 4:12 AM, JohnH wrote:

I am looking for a version of Linux that will boot from a cd (With KDE) and work on almost any computer 5 years old or less.
I have a computer I need to get files of off. I have tried Freespire, Linspire, PCLinux 2006, Ubuntu.
They work on all but one xp machine. It is a twin to one they do work on. The cd rom is good. Graphics are still good. (etc)
On other machines I can see the files and but can't transfer them. On the one xp, I can't even see the C:\ drive.

Hope you can help!
JohnH