Re: Wednesday, 4/4/2007 Metro East meeting

Steve:

If folks are interested, perhaps we could compile a list of topics folks
are interested in and others could determine if they want to volunteer
to do a presentation on it down the road...giving them a couple/few
months to prepare.  Just a thought.

Off the top of my head, these things sound interesting:
- Virtualization
- OpenVPN
- OpenLDAP (account management)
- WINE
- SpamAssassin
- ClamAV
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Python (as in intro lesson)
- SSH (as in some of the cool options available)
- Rsync (how to sync two locations against each other)
- Smart Cards / PKI / Certificates
- Snort / ARGUS / Base / MySQL (intrusion detection)
- Wireshark (artist formerly known as ethereal)
- Eclipse (as in demo by one of the developers in the crowd)
- Netbeans (as in demo)
- Mono (how to set up/use on Linux)
- How to set up Postfix/amavisd-new/SpamAssassin/ClamAV mail gateway
- Demo of small/cool tools (like ddrescue, etc.)
- Demo of how to set up CUPS/Samba for printing/file share

Chuck King